PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A BETTER VIEW.

Wednesday 3 March 2010

I thought I'd put up a post about polymer clay extruders for anyone thinking of buying one. Here is my take on them.

I made a bit of a mistake the other day I decided that I would like to have a go at a polymer clay extruder. Being a newbie I thought I'd buy the cheapest , after all they all do the same thing right? How wrong could I be?????

I bought one of the silver plunger types. It arrived and I excitedly opened it and set to work. And was instantly disapointed. No way could I move the plunger down after I had put the clay in, I think I got maybe a cm of clay come through. I tried softening my clay but still I could get no clay through. I have rhuematoid arthritis so I thought well maybe it's just me? But after putting up a post on a craft forum I see that lots of people have trouble with them.

So now I have dished out more money and gone for the Makin's Clay ultimate extruder. Instead of a plunger it has a screw top. I can't explain it but here is a pic


I've read lots of articles about it and hopefully this one will be a lot easier to use. Keep watching it should be here any day soon. :0)


1 comment:

  1. Hi I've nominated you for a sunshine award, happy blogging Linda

    ReplyDelete